Saturday, June 21, 2008

Everything Breaks towards Cherry Mountain

Yesterday I took advantage of a perk of the job and accepted an invitation to play golf at the Waumbek Country Club located in Jefferson, NH. I decided to invite some friends to play with me so I could get more opinions. Names will be with held but they all had the day off(in case their bosses read this).

My first impression of the course was even if I play poorly (highly likely) that I will still get to play golf in some of the most beautiful surroundings possible in New Hampshire. The course had amazing views of the Presidential Range and the White Mountains.

Once of the people I was with had played the course in the past and mentioned that everything breaks towards Cherry Mountain. I received the same advice from Larry Fellows, the Golf Pro. My weakest part of my game is that I have no idea how to read a green. I have some basic knowledge, but this was by far the best advice I had been given and I took full advantage of it.

The course was in good condition. This course is pretty wide open and can be very forgiving if you don't hit the ball straight. My best advice is don't drive fast down the fairways as they are very bumpy and you will probably spill whatever beverage you have with you.

Overall we had a great time playing. I would recommend this course to anyone visiting the area. While you are at the resort please see me for a tee time and I can get you set up here for $25 per person with a gas cart.

No comments: