Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Bear Notch Road and Passaconaway Roads OPEN

I just went out for a hike at Sabbaday Falls. After we went there I decided to go see if Bear Notch Road was open. The good news is that it is open, but beware there are still a few nasty bumps along the way.

Passaconaway/Dugway Road from Albany Covered Bridge is also open. These offer a nice alternative when travelling to or from the North Conway area. I usually recommend taking Bear Notch Road when going to Storyland or the Jackson area up to the Mount Washington Auto Road.

We also saw 2 Moose. I will post the pictures later tonight when I get home. One of them was right in the middle of the road about 1/2 mile East of Lincoln Woods. The other one was in an area where I thought we might see one, but we didn't have the camera ready. Some motorcycles came along and scared the Moose away before we could get a clean shot. Better luck next time on that one.


No comments: