Friday, January 4, 2008

A New Winter Sport

I have survived the Christmas Vacation. Around here it was pretty busy for the week. We couldn't have asked for better weather with all the snow we have received and the temperatures were just right, Cold but not too cold.

As I meet and help guests everyday I always try to make a note of what someone requested to make sure I will be better prepared if it is an unusual request. I always get the normal questions about tubing, ice skating and sleigh rides, but this week and even today something new has caused me to do some research.

Before I get into it I need to explain a little clue that I missed a few weeks ago. I was with a group on my Wednesday Trip to Nowhere and Everywhere near the Mount Washington Hotel. It was rally a beautiful day with a blue sky, great visibility of the Presidential Range and Mount Washington, plenty of snow on mountains and in the valley where we were. I was explaining the history of the hotel and everyone was taking pictures when a movement to our left caught their attention. We could see someone who looked like they were gliding along at a good clip. It was a good lead into all the cross country skiing that they have available. I was fooled when the person came into view and turns out they were dog sledding.Everyone wanted to stay and watch the dog sled run its course.

Since that time I have had at least a dozen people ask me about dog sled tours. I was speaking to a woman today from Texas who was trying to plan her whole visit on whether or not she could take a ride with a dog sled team. I am waiting to hear back and will inform her and anyone else about the possibility of doing a dog sled tour as soon as I know.

When your here in the area let me know if you want to learn about places where you can watch Dog Sledding, as there is a race circuit that travels in New Hampshire.

No comments: