Friday, November 2, 2007

Winter is Fast Approaching

Earlier this week I was told that there was snow. I looked out the window and it was a fairly nice day so I was a little confused. Well it turns out that 2 ski areas, Bretton Woods and Attitash decided to try out their snow guns. When I drove by those ski areas on Wednesday I saw for myself that they indeed had made some snow, but not enough for one to ski on. It was just enough to make you want it to snow more so everyone can come up and carve some turns in some fresh powder.

This winter will bring some excitement to our friends at Loon Mountain and Cannon Mountain. Loon (http://www.loonmtn.com/) will be opening the first 2 trails of the South Mountain expansion. It has been exciting to see the progress all summer. Over at Cannon (http://www.cannonmt.com/) they have been working on improving their snowmaking capacity. There is nothing quite like driving thru Franconia Notch and seeing a blizzard on Cannon Mountain.

I keep praying for an early snowstorm so I don't have to rake the leaves at home, but Mother Nature isn't answering my prayers just yet, but we will be having a windy weekend, so maybe they will blow into my neighbors yard and I can escape having to bag leaves.


Pretty soon it will like this:





No comments: