Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Time for First Tracks

Well the day has finally arrived. After a couple of false starts, mother Nature has decided that perhaps we are due for a normal winter. In conjunction with the great snow makers at Loon, and about 2-3 inches of the natural white stuff Loon Mountain has officially opened for the season. They open today with 5 trails and more terrain is expected to open over the weekend. What a great way to spend Thanksgiving, eating Turkey and Skiing, and oh yeah watching some football.

Today I will be doing my first tour of the White Mountains since we have started to receive snow. I think that it will provide a stark contrast to what I have seen over the last month, but only a visual check will confirm my thoughts. I know some of the roads will probably be closed, but that is what makes it fun. Check back for pictures and look at the slide show in the right hand margin.

No comments: