Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Time for Reflection

As we get ready to welcome in May I thought I would compare some photos from late fall to now. One of the unique aspects of my position is that I get to see the same things from week to week, but they always change.

In an earlier Blog I posted 2 pictures of Beaver Pond out in Kinsman Notch. The first was taken on Nov 7, 2007 and the second was taken 2 weeks later on Nov 21, 2007.





The next 2 pictures compare the same place but in April. The picture on the left was taken on April 16, 2008 and the picture on the right was taken on April 23, 2008. As you can see Mother Nature has the melting process well under way. As I type this it is raining out so I am sure the ice is gone.




The next pictures are from the Bath Covered Bridge. The picture on the left was taken on Jan 23, 2008 and the picture on the right was taken on April 23, 2008. The Spring melt was well under way and the roar of the water was simply amazing. I think the best time to visit a waterfall is in Spring or shortly after a heavy rainstorm.




Another favorite place of mine is Silver Cascade located in Crawford Notch State Park. This is one of the most amazing water falls, yet people zoom by it everyday. It is located right next to the road making it one of the most accessible waterfalls in the White Mountains. The photo on the left was taken on October 7, 2007. The middle photo was taken on April 2, 2008 and the right hand picture was taken on April 23, 2008


As we get ready to ready another season it will be fun to compare pictures over a year. Will the shades of green be the same or will the red in fall be as vibrant as it was last year. Keep watching and every now and then I will do a collage of pictures.
Also in the last photo you may have noticed a Moose. This is my van mascot. He will be showing up in more pictures as he gets out more. He was camera shy over the winter, but now he wants to get out and be in pictures.






No comments: