Monday, March 17, 2008

Random thoughts of an Adventure Concierge

I am fresh back after taking a week off. I didn't go anywhere, but ran a book fair at my daughters school. It was actually a nice break from dealing the day to day grind of work.

As I drove into work today I noticed that the snow pack is less than it was, but there is still at least 2 feet of snow on the ground in most areas. The Ski Resorts are still operating at or near full terrain so the skiing will be excellent for weeks to come.

There will be an Easter Egg Hunt this Saturday March 22, 2008 at the Village Shops from 1-3pm.

At the Monday Morning Meeting that I hold each week, we had families from Columbus, Ohio, Baltimore, Maryland, and St. Louis, Missouri. It was interesting to see how the different parts of the country handle snow. It is hard to explain that we have had close to 16 feet of snow this winter, but they said they read about it in the paper or saw it on the Internet.

This week will mark the start of Spring. In the years past we have had spring start on time, but this year Spring will only be a day on the calendar. When you still have 2 feet of snow you can't do much about any type of yard work. The local high school is getting ready because they did plow off the softball field so that they can try to start the season on time. The strong March sun should help melt away the snow and ice.

Last week when I was driving around I did see a gentleman shoveling all the snow off of his front yard. I guess he wants to get into the fell of green grass and fixing up his yard. The way I see it, if the snow stays long enough, I won't have to work on that Honey Do list for too long before I need to mow the grass.

The forecast does call for more snow this week. I haven't seen any amounts yet, but I can see people start to say enough already.

I hope we don't have a lot of snow because my almost world famous trip to Nowhere and Everywhere has only gone out once since February 1.

Keep an eye out for Itinerary ideas. I am working on Itinerary that you can take and spend a day doing different activities. If you want me to email you some please let me know.

No comments: